Dental and Oral Health Care Services
- Counseling on at-home dental care to keep your pet’s mouth healthy
- Comprehensive dental cleanings and oral health examinations
- Dental Radiography
- Bonded Sealants
- Clindoral gingival treatments for periodontal disease
- Addressing gingival and oral mass with possible removal via laser surgery
Your Pet’s Dentistry Appointment…What to Expect
- You will have a check-in appointment the morning of your pet’s dental to discuss options and go over paperwork. You may preview the consent form here
- Your pet will receive a physical examination by the doctor before the procedure.
- A comprehensive oral health examination is performed under general anesthesia to make sure the teeth, gums, tongue and mouth are healthy.
- The teeth are cleaned with an ultrasonic scaler both above and below the gumline and then polished.
- If issues are identified, we can discuss treatment options with you and take care of them that day.
- Pets are able to go home the same day in the late afternoon or early evening. A time will be set up for your discharge appointment to go over our findings and care instructions.
Digital Dental Technology
The part of the tooth you can see is just the tip of the iceberg. Many dental problems happen under the gum line. This is where the latest technology of digital dental x-rays can identify issues (such as the tooth root abscess and bone loss in the x-ray above) to help us make a treatment plan customized for your pet’s individual needs.